Monday, October 02, 2006

Long pause.....

Hi guys, it has been a long time since I had posted anything. I have been extremely lazy in writing so I hope to compensate for that. I am living in Pittsburgh at the moment and I have been looking for a residency spot but that has been turning out to be an excercise in futility. I will not enter this year's scramble because I see it as a waste of time and money.
I got married earlier this summer, on the 27th of June in fact and my wife whose name is Denisa is a real sweet heart. I met her when I was studying medicine in the Czech Republic. We kept in touch over the years after I had left and I even went back to the Czech Republic for a couple of visits and I knew that she was the one for me.
So I got the paper work together for her to visit stateside on what you would call a K-1 (fiance)visa and she arrived at New York's JFK on the 30th of May and then we had gotten married at the Justice of the Peace and I had kept this a secret from my family until after the fact.
I told them the news in the form of a letter and I had enclosed a nice picture of my new bride and I told them I had gotten married and the various reasons why I had wanted to keep it a secret until now. I told them more than a month after our marriage was done. They were pissed and surprised at first and then they were happy and gave me and Denisa both a hearty congratulation.
During the summer I had taken an EMT course at the University of Pittsburgh's Center for Emergency Medicine and I finished the course as well as the Pennsylvania State Practical and written exams as well as the National Registry Exam and thus I am a state and nationally certified EMT(Emergency Medical Technician).
After I had gotten my test results back, I was able to apply for an EMT job opening and the first and only place that I had applied to had hired me right away! The company that I work for is a transport company and it is very up and coming in the Pittsburgh area. I am about to start my third week there and it is going fine so far, but it will take allot of getting used to.
Before I was working in a grocery store and I don't really want to mention the company's name but I will say this: working there sucked! The pay was awfully low and allot of the customers were utter shits! So that is what pushed me to take an EMT course and embark on a new vocation of sorts.
So right now I'm getting used to married life and that means I no longer am living only for myself but for my wife now and it really is a special thing. I'm also getting used to my new job and I hope it works out. Life is a big challenge I hope I will find the inner peace and sense of security that I am looking for.
On that note , I must go but I'll keep everyone posted on what's going on with me, who I am, what I'm about and what I want out of life. Take care!

P.S. Free Iran and GO STEELERS!

No comments: